Toulouse...we made it. - Toulouse to Porto 2019 - CycleBlaze

July 2, 2019

Toulouse...we made it.

Off to a rocky start!

Phew. Not a long ride, but an adventure nonetheless. Negotiating Toulouse’s gritty streets on our way to the Centre Ville.
Heart 0 Comment 0

One last check around the house, a turn of the key and we were off this morning around 7am.  All things went well today.  In fact, it was probably the best flight we have had going to Europe for a bike trip. As you know, we splashed out a bit for my 50th on the flights and flew Club Class with AirTransat.  Roomy seats, legroom and excellent meals.  We also made good connections in Montreal and spent a couple of hours in the Lounge there, where free drink and food were offered.

Susanna waiting for our taxi this morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Looking south to Mount Baker shortly after takeoff.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our beautiful coast mountains.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Putting the bikes together in the Toulouse airport. Since our hotel was only 10 km away, we decided to ride in. The time in Toulouse was 11am, but our bodies said 1am!
Heart 0 Comment 0

When we arrived, everything else arrived except for my one yellow bag that I keep my tent and sleeping pad in.  So.  We don’t have a home!   Yes.  A huge set back, but not a tour ender for sure.  We’ll just have to stick to our plan of heading to Bedous, and get our missing gear mailed to us.  We were planning on camping when in Bedous, but now we’ll hotel it until our gear arrives......that is, if it is actually found.  If not,  we will have to buy a tent and sleeping bag.  I’ll keep you posted.  Just woke up from a nap and about to go exploring.  I will update you all a little later.  Life is good.

Heart 3 Comment 0
I don’t normally wear jeans and a collared shirt while touring. Like I said 10kms to the hotel.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Toulouse and the Garrone River.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The usual small French hotel elevator. Room for one person and gear. And, for those who know me and my predisposition to claustrophobia? I wouldn’t get in that thing if you paid me.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Scott AndersonGlad you arrived safely. She looks remarkably wide awake here. Good luck on getting your missing gear back!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago

Today's ride: 9 km (6 miles)
Total: 9 km (6 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 1
David LundgrenSo glad to see you guys are back at it again... love your journals every summer
Reply to this comment
4 years ago