Brisbane - The Tractors between London and Lisbon - CycleBlaze

July 28, 2013

Brisbane

The flight to Brisbane was particularly easy. Much to our surprise the plane was only about a third full and when we got to arrivals instead of the usual milling throngs there was hardly anyone there. Biosecurity were particularly kind and it was a first for us – they didn’t undo our boxes to inspect the bikes. So straight through and out to the taxis and there was a van there which accommodated our bikes easily. Everyone had just arriving home from their various activities when we arrived, it was lovely to see them all. To-day we have just poked around walking dogs, repairing rather knocked about bikes and generally getting ready for what will be the usual busy round of sporting activities that is the usual for this house hold.

Had a great family oriented weekend. An athletic meeting, three games of soccer and a game of netball and generally just enjoying being with everyone. Brisbane as is usual at this time of year put on lovely weather . I really like this city it seems so livable. Everytime we come here there seem to be more and more cyclists, when I have gone riding here I have really loved it. The kids were keen that Ken in particular went to the Max Brennen Chocolate Bar in Oxford St. Chocolate in every decadent form you can imagine. Eating anything there certainly means that a few extra kilometers on the bike are needed.

Again made the weight allowance and after a slight hassle at security involving an umbrella are now waiting at the gate to board and hoping that we will get some sleep in the next thirty or so hours

Matthews Soccer, he got a hat trick of goals
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0