Lift off - The Tractors between London and Lisbon - CycleBlaze

July 25, 2013

Lift off

There was a 21 gun salute in Wellington. The Sky Tower was magnificent with its blue and pink lights. Then they turned blue. Thirty five other important public buildings were bathed in blue light. I didn’t know that everyone in Kiwiland cared so much that we were leaving on our tour. But then someone told me, none of this was for us! Kate and William’s new baby boy had been born. I must say I was surprised, I had thought that they would wait until we got to London.

The bikes are packed. The luggage has been weighed and reweighed. I spent the morning at the beautician (Ken failed to see the logic in this). The house is clean. We have explained to the dogs and the cat that they will be under new management . Now we await Peter’s arrival (Colleen is arriving in a couple of days) then the Airport Shuttle will be here and off we will be on our adventure. Actually we are only going as far as Brisbane today so we can spend the weekend there with Jane, Mark and three of our lovely grandchildren.

Very exciting! The phone went and it was a man from the Listener (NZ weekly magazine) to say the Michael Cooper had chosen our 2012 Dolcetto as ‘Wine of the Week” and could we please send him a bottle shot to put in the article. A great scramble of course as the shuttle was due in about an hour. I hope we got an acceptable photo and I will email it to him tonight when we get to Jane’s. A plea to any friends or relatives who are reading this if you happen to have that Listener could you please save it for us. Hope this is a good omen for this trip.

We were very nervous when we were dropped off at the airport as we certainly were not confident that we weren’t overweight. We had nearly all our clothes on it seemed and our pockets were stuffed with the heavier items. Much to our relief we made it and we are now through customs and security relaxing with a cup of coffee. Ken is providing the light relief as his jacket has a flashing light in the centre of the back and every time his back pack bumps into it it goes on.

The shuttle arrives
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0