Last ride in Hawkes Bay - Triple Trails NZ - CycleBlaze

March 3, 2023

Last ride in Hawkes Bay

Tim and I are flying off to Wellington tomorrow followed the next day by John and Beth in the car.   This was the only way we could easily and cheaply get all of our stuff to Wellington since we are golfing there and then Tim and I fly off to Christchurch.  So today Tim and I had one more ride while J&B played golf.  Our original plan was to ride into Napier but it was our bad luck that the bridge that we needed to ride was closed for an engineering assessment.  It has been open but only for 1 lane traffic and they hope that they can open it to 2 lane traffic.  There are 3 bridges across the local rivers,  one of which will be out of commission for sometime to come so it is important to get the other two up to par.

Since we couldn’t do what we wanted we rode the roads to Clive and then the trails to Clifton and back to Havelock North.  It was a stunning day for a ride so we stopped at Clearview winery for a tasting and a great platter of meats, cheese etc.

One week form today I start my Triple Trails tour on the South Island.

Today’s route
Heart 0 Comment 0
Got my goat fix today
Heart 0 Comment 0
A spoonbill
Heart 0 Comment 0
The spoonbill flying off to meet up with the others in a nearby tree
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim near Cape Kidnappers
Heart 0 Comment 0
Again
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had planned to ride fat bikes on the beach to see the Gannet colonies but the beach is closed due to numerous slips and storm debris.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our wine flight for tasting
Heart 0 Comment 0
The wines were tasted plus a bonus rosé.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The wine and platter of food. This winery has one of the best platters.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim tried this red that is very “port” like.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The winery is located in this village 4 km from Clifton.
Heart 0 Comment 0
An amazing venison dinner at St George’s Restaurant tonight.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 km (31 miles)
Total: 388 km (241 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0