Finally a nice day to cycle, taste wine and enjoy food - Triple Trails NZ - CycleBlaze

March 1, 2023

Finally a nice day to cycle, taste wine and enjoy food

It is the 1st of March here so I am hoping that we are done with the foul weather, and if today is any indication we are.  J&B opted to golf while Tim and I cycled the Gimblett Gravels loop again stopping at the Trinity Hill winery for an amazing tasting.  We were supposed to pay $25 each to taste 6 of their better wines but we ended up tasting 12 (1 oz each) and both for $25 once we bought a bottle to take home.  The wineries at this time of year are normally packed with people but for the longest time we were the only two there so we had their full attention.  We also met a lovely young lady who comes for the Okanagan but now lives and works here in Hawkes Bay.  We also enjoyed a lovely platter of food with the wine since we needed so soakage.  It was a sunny ride back to Havelock North.

The route for today
Heart 0 Comment 0

 

Tim at the winery
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me too
Heart 0 Comment 0
An example of a “slip” that leads to mud blocking roads etc
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of our favourite reds. The stones are from the Gimblett Gravels and when you rub them together there is a flint smell a touch of which comes out in the red wine.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our platter of food
Heart 0 Comment 0
I like the name. It was decided that the land was better for wine than crime.
Heart 0 Comment 0
They also make a port that was actually quite tasty.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim relaxing at the winery enjoying his selection.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 40 km (25 miles)
Total: 338 km (210 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0