On to Hillsdale - Back to Riding 2021 - CycleBlaze

August 7, 2021

On to Hillsdale

Some wicked steep hills

A ride of differences - flat and pleasant to begin with, bridge over the Hudson out of Albany was cool. 

Crossing the Hudson to the east side with Albany in the back ground.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The middle part was steep longish hills both up and down. It got very hot and muggy in the afternoon. Lunch by the side of the road was a good break. Went rogue (off the cue sheet) for the final five miles. A few miles on State Highway and then found a beautiful side road to bring us in to the Holiday House Motel in Hillsdale. 

I resurrected an old practice I had on our southern tier ride of including photos of people we meet along the way. Short conversations where we learn a little about the person and the town we are in. It's one of the joys of long distance biking!

People We Meet - Kevin wearing a Kubota t-shirt and riding a John Deere. We chatted for quite a while!!! He got a break from mowing; we got a break from riding!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Sometimes up and sometimes down. This is a happy down sign!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another beautiful NY view!
Heart 0 Comment 0
This farmer had quite a rig baling hay which he had already cut in rows across the field. It was quite neat.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Holiday House Motel with luggage and support stuff waiting for riders to come in.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 45 miles (72 km)
Total: 298 miles (480 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0