Long Day Riding to Albany from Glens Falls - Back to Riding 2021 - CycleBlaze

August 6, 2021

Long Day Riding to Albany from Glens Falls

65 miles
A long tough day. Actually the ride went well through NY farmland, along canals, and the Hudson River.

To make up for the long wait for our rooms, the hotel gave us a discount on breakfast. We had a lovely start to the day with a breakfast outside on the patio.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Riding by a canal outside of Glens Falls we rode on a tow path. This is one of the locks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A great blue heron fishing in the sun.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Margaret and Marlene reading a sign about the boating and water activities available on the canal.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Then near the end Sharon had a bike accident. Okay except for a broken wrist. A confusing deal for Sharon ending with a 911 call. Marlene agreed to ride Sharon's heavier, bigger E-bike and her Bike Friday which could fit in the police car went to the police station to be picked up later. We couldn't take Sharon’s as the support vehicle was full with all our luggage and we all were on bikes. Marlene, Nancy, Lin, John and I rode to the Motel 6 -which was a replacement for the Hampton Inn w which had lost our reservation and did not have enough rooms for us. Finally at 9:30 Ken, John and I went to the police station to pick up the Bike Friday and the hospital in Troy to spring Sharon. Back to our rooms by 11:30? It was a long day and sad for Sharon who will have to head home tomorrow.  😢! 

Today's ride: 65 miles (105 km)
Total: 253 miles (407 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0