Next Stop - Brewster - Back to Riding 2021 - CycleBlaze

August 8, 2021

Next Stop - Brewster

66 miles

We were all eating breakfast in the O' Hillsdale Dinner when Nancy discovered we all had an old cue sheet that she had changed and sent out after most of us printed the old one. So we gathered all of us that use the sheets for navigating and leading the others. (We don't ride as a group of 17 as many of us have different paces and riding styles. We also think smaller groups are safer and try not to ride with more than 4 or 5 of us together. Four for the most part; it works pretty well.) 

Meeting in a tent attached to the diner to redo our cue sheets.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The ride went well. 33 miles on bike trails. These trails in NY are great - wide and paved, fun to ride on. Some confusion getting into the Maybrook Trail but we all made it. Also near the end of the trail,  John and Margaret S. had their GPS lady getting us off the trail and missing a problem detour which was good. We all got to Heidi's Inn safely and gathered for a whole group dinner at quite a fancy Mexican restaurant.

Riding along a waterway. Not sure of the name but it was lovely.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch stop in a park with this very nice Gazebo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And dinner at the Mexican restaurant.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Down some stairs below our table and a view of the River.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 66 miles (106 km)
Total: 364 miles (586 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0