Juchitan de Zaragoza - The eleventh step ... Los Africanos Perdidos - CycleBlaze

September 28, 2021

Juchitan de Zaragoza

A short ride today to set us up for tomorrow.  A headwind the whole way but with such a short ride it hardly mattered.  It was quite hot with lots of cloud cover and  high humidity so the wind was welcome.  The road was flat and dead straight from hotel to hotel- not one single turn or kink for more than twenty kilometers - so it wasn't that interesting. 

Palm trees, featureless terrain and decent road with a shoulder - this photo could have been taken somewhere in Thailand.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The uninteresting ride had us looking out for things. This is the view from the bridge named "Puenta de Pepe y Lolita". I kid you not.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There were a number of reminders that it windy here. I vaguely recall reading that this is, depending on the criteria used, the third windiest area in the world. Today's headwind was light and welcome.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Check out time in most Mexican hotels is noon with earliest check in usually two or three in the afternoon.  Despite leaving after ten thirty this morning we got to Juchitan just after twelve.  Our hotel asked to return at one thirty so we cycled into the town to get some lunch (nice pork tacos) before returning to check in and cool off in the hotel's pool.

Our lunch stop.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our hotel, The Santa Cruz is an example of great value for money - M$470 gives a lovely large and clean room with nice linen with an enormous pool just outside the door plus a nice restaurant on the premises.  The hotel is quite new with parts of it still under construction although reports suggest it has been like this for the past two years.  I guess the pandemic has put building on hold for a while. 

We have spent the afternoon working.  Tomorrow we head northwards.

Today's ride: 27 km (17 miles)
Total: 720 km (447 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0