Gallery of Hpa An Photos - Unmettled Roads - CycleBlaze

Gallery of Hpa An Photos

Gallery of Hpa An Photos

I had a raging head cold the first two days we were in Hpa An so I spent a lot of time looking at my feet and the odd design of our room. The bathroom wall doesn't go all the way to the ceiling. That might be sort of all right if there wasn't a screened window in the bathroom with no glass. That meant that we were effectively trying to air condition that part of Myanmar. It definitely needed air conditioning but our little air conditioner wasn't going to do anything other than waste electricity.
Heart 8 Comment 0
Myanmar produces dozens of varieties of lentils and beans. They call them all 'pulses'. Must be an old British term.
Heart 10 Comment 0
We often see these tiny "restaurants" in front of a home or shop wedged between the sidewalk and the street. I'm sure that if we spoke the language and had the stomach we could eat at them as well. But they always feel like friends or family are eating together. They are very lovely and communal feeling.
Heart 7 Comment 0
These gilded coconuts are pretty special things. They have a sprout and are bought to be given as a donation to the temple. The viability of the coconut - to be planted and grow into a tree - has some special significance that I don't know about but I've seen lots of them painted bright gold and sold near temples, sprout intact.
Heart 10 Comment 0
I don't know what the deal is but when we cycle one leg always gets more developed than the other.
Heart 8 Comment 2
Rachael AndersonThat must really be a problem cycling!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Ron SuchanekHmm, never worked for me!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
I've never seen the frog be the primary mascot, so to speak, for a temple. This temple was right on the Salween River so it made a little more sense.
Heart 11 Comment 0
San Ma Tau Myanmar Restaurant in Hpa An has at least 15 different dishes to choose from every night. Just lift the lids to check them out. There were also at least 15 women waiting tables every night.
Heart 5 Comment 0
This is by far the strangest reclining Buddha image I have ever seen. For one thing it's anatomically impossible, even for the Buddha. Mahar Sadan Cave
Heart 9 Comment 0
At first sight of this reclining Buddha inside the cave I thought I was looking at a classic American diner complete with lots of neon. Mahar Sadan Cave.
Heart 10 Comment 0
I love wooden boats. Mahar Sadan Cave.
Heart 10 Comment 0
Checkers can really wear a person out.
Heart 8 Comment 0
This woman was selling coconuts and soft drinks outside the Mahar Sadan Cave entrance.
Heart 10 Comment 0
About to shove off to return to Mawlamyine via the Salween River.
Heart 12 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 16
Comment on this entry Comment 0