Thayer Hill to Seneca Falls - Low Bridge - CycleBlaze

June 17, 2022

Thayer Hill to Seneca Falls

SThere will be captions and a text story to come.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Walton had a very minor fall after hitting a fallen tree on the trail. Then his rear rack came loose crashing his panniers to th ground. A local road angle turned around and went home to get zip-ties to make a jury rig repair. A mile or two later a strap on MJ's panniers jammed into her rear disk brake locking the wheel up. So the patrone/wrench was busy setting team back on the road.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The old Canal silted and overgrown.
Heart 0 Comment 0
You can bet your life I would never part with Sal! 15 miles on the Erie Canal.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A modern dry dock for the Canal barges and dredges.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
In many spots there are private docks and landing along with public trail access. Everyone seems to get along.
Heart 0 Comment 0
What looks wide enough to be a lake is just more of the Canal.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In places the trail becomes shaded and quite secluded.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Might appear a little tricky crossing the spillway but there is a bridge nearby.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Joseph Smith as a young man in the magic forest. At times I am hesitant to photograph sacred grounds as I was here. The drawing does reasonable job of depicting the forest. If one were looking for a vision and answers to the unanswerable this would be a good place look and listen for the Word.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our two young Mormon - LDS docents who did and excellent and heart felt presentation complete with long passages from the Book of Mormon recited from memory. They were very shy or perhaps instructed to back out of our photographs. Here they are captured as they return to the visitor center after us the path to the magic forest where Joseph had his vision of the angle Moroni and where he found the solid gold platters that led to Smith writing the Book of Mormon. We were gifted the Book of Mormon that they read from at the end of our tour. I don't think you have to be LDS or of any faith at all to find some understanding of the Mormon story and belief system. Certainly I as a religion major found it fascinating.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The second Smith house build by Joseph Smith's brother some years later.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The house Joseph Smith and family grew up in. Basically one room with a partitioned loft (boys and girls) for the children.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I think this is Lock 30??
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Po on his NYC single speed, narrow tire "bike" and doing all right.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Ephesus and Seneca

Today's ride: 94 km (58 miles)
Total: 315 km (196 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0