Equipment - Low Bridge - CycleBlaze

Equipment

Heart 1 Comment 1
Gary LarsenAloha, Robert. Good to see you're still riding. I recently read River Horse, by William Least Heat Moon ( of Blue Highways fame). He followed your Low Bridge route, albeit by water.
Good read!
Cheers!
Gary Larsen
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Being 75 and the wrench for five bikes, I made a last minute purchase of an Australian Fumpa Mini electric pump. It made it to Brooklyn the day before we arrived. Works really well, not cheap, but will be backed up with air by arm-strong.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Mike AylingLooks a great bit of kit but seriously can't the other four riders pump up their own tyres?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jacquie GaudetI agree with Mike. Or perhaps it’s time for Walton to learn some things.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Robert EwingYes, there are many things to learn. Like remembering water bottles need to be put back on the bike. Straps dangling from panniers can/will get caught in the breaks and dozens of other needs and concerns I do without thinking after years on the road but my freshmen charges need to learn. On the tire front we've had no flats and the crushed stone trail has tires at low pressure and need little tending. All the oversight and tour moderating has pretty much blocked out journal time but being with family on the road is its own story and hopefully told by all.
Thanks for the comments and encouragement.
Robert
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Mark BinghamI enjoyed the journal, and was particularly interested because I did the Buffalo to Albany to Montreal route in September. I hope Walton catches to the touring bug and carries the torch.

Thanks for sharing!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago