Whitefield to Lisbon - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

August 9, 2021

Whitefield to Lisbon

Today we rode from Whitefield to the KOA in Lisbon. The directions that Jen provided last night were invaluable on our ride out today. We went through Littleton where they have the most interesting crosswalks. 

Crosswalk in Littleton
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
I love this!!! I hope that you are keeping all these great shots and will put them into an album. But then again, you know me . . . . Mr. photo album.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

Lunch at the Littleton Diner was very good. 

Early Thanksgiving dinner. Just needs yams!
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
I swear, I was going to type that this meal looked more like Thanksgiving dinner when I scrolled down and saw your comment. Your metabolism shoots to the moon when you do bicycle tours. But that's a good thing.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

Littleton had a nice bridge across the River to the bike trail. We made our way to the Ammonoosuc Rail Trail and into Lisbon. 

Ammonoosuc River
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
The Ammonoosuc River looks so cool and clean and clear. I kayaked today on a river in Georgia that was muddy.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

Here is the pop-up camper belonging to our KOA neighbors, Agnes and her family. She and her husband are originally from Poland and have been in the US for 20 years. They have traveled all around the country and she shared some fun stories of their experiences. It was a pleasure talking to her! Forgot to get her photo though. 

Cool camper
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
You are never wrong staying at a KOA. They are great.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Another beautiful day
Heart 0 Comment 0


Rose's perspective:

As the sun broke thru the clouds in the morning, Shadow the dog ran to the backyard on mission! Lol to say Good Morning Friends!! I am sure if allowed to have would have slept in our tents last night.😁 

Shadow saying it's time to Play Ball!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Warmshowers is such a great community. Our hosts Micah and Jen made us a delicious breakfast and extensively discussed routing with Kim.

So delicious! Thick cut bacon, cheesy garlic grits, scrambled eggs and sourdough toast!
Heart 0 Comment 0

 Micah readjusted my brake pads hoping to reduce the screeching. He had a scale so we decided to weigh my loaded bike. 85lbs 🤦‍♀️😯 Hope some of my body weights falls off soon, because I have downsized the gear as much as possible.🤷‍♀️

Kim and me getting ready to roll to Lisbon!
Heart 0 Comment 0


We rolled away from these two wonderful hosts about 1045am. Pedaled up a couple of mountains to be greeted by awesome downhills into Littleton. Stopped for our midday meal at the famous Littleton Diner. 

Haddock and chips
Heart 0 Comment 0
Side salad done right!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Stopped at a thrift, RiteAid and Lamonts outdoor discount store. We rolled down the Ammonoosuc Rail Trail to our evenings stay at the KOA in Lisbon.

Rudebeckia along Main Street in Downtown Littleton
Heart 1 Comment 0
Liatris blooming its heart out.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Coleus, a summertime favorite even in New Hampshire.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Double Begonias
Heart 0 Comment 0

Beautiful day filled with beautiful people.

The Ammonoosuc River
Heart 0 Comment 0
Relaxing by the Riverside at the KOA in Lisbon, NH
Heart 0 Comment 0
The beautiful Ammonoosuc river.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I must say that the KOA in Lisbon had great showers and even better bathroom stalls! Check out the great quips found in the ladies stalls below.

Not sure if the guys had any encouraging words in their stalls. Truth be told nature called at 430am and I decided to take a peak in the men's restroom. Just pictures of the forest. So I came up with a few good ones!

Welcome to the s*** show!

Finally! You have arrived. Please take a seat.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This KOA likes to spread seeds of happiness like wildflowers!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another great reminder as you enter the bathroom stall. 😀
Heart 0 Comment 0
😁😁
Heart 1 Comment 0

For all the Doggo lovers out there, this was by far the Dog friendliest we have had the privilege of camping at. 

So many new doggo friends, including Stanley a 14 month old English Mastiff 😁. Tails wagging and smiles on!

Today's ride: 22 miles (35 km)
Total: 264 miles (425 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0