Introduction - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

Introduction

Ready for another summer adventure

Hello!

This time my friend Rose and I will be riding from Acadia National Park westward. The route will be a combination of the Adventure Cycling Northern Tier route, rail trails, other trails, couple of ferry boats, and who knows what else. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

We will ride for nine weeks, finishing at the end of September. At least that’s the plan. I always start with a plan, and make changes throughout the tour. You just never know about weather impacts, when you may want to stay someplace an extra day, road closures that you missed in planning, etc. The key is to remain flexible and adaptable. 

Since Rose and I have different riding paces we actually don't ride together but rather, we ride at the same time. Start out from the same spot each morning, synch up once or twice during the day, then stop at the same location for the overnights. I like to call it “solo touring together.”  This time we don’t have any planned detours where we veer apart and reconnect in a few days. At least not so far. Last tour we did that three or four times, usually to visit friends or see a particular location.

Our overnight accommodations will consist of camping, lodging, and warmshowers (www.warmshowers.org) hosts. I have hosted for over 14 years and thoroughly enjoy it. During that time the network has grown a lot, which worked out quite well on the last tour.  

Rose's insight😀:

Hi Y'all 

It has been a long, hot and busy summer! I wrapped up my work late Friday afternoon and set off to spend a few days together with my wonderfully supportive boyfriend before Kim and I fly out. 

In case you are wondering, I have the very best touring partner, friend and planner. Kim's keen attention to detail, planning and flexibility make touring even more enjoyable! We are not go fast riders 😀 just friends who are off on another great cycling adventure! She hits the nail on the head when she states that we "solo tour together."

I hope you will be inspired to set off on a life changing adventure as you follow us along on adventure!

Life is short, make it sweet!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 6
Rachel and Patrick HugensWe say we cycle together, alone....but we do stay in sight of each.
Racpat
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
John AbernethyI’m liking it already. Looking forward to following along.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Lori CroweHave the time of your lives! So excited for you!!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rose Craig-KinnonThank you Lori!!
See you when I get back!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rose Craig-KinnonTo John AbernethyI'm glad your back on the bike John!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Hal Big Daddy! EastmanGood luck Rose! Have fun and remember you have work to do when you return. Lol stay safe,
Hal & Beth
Reply to this comment
2 years ago