Lisbon to Littleton to Montpelier, VT - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

Lisbon to Littleton to Montpelier, VT

We planned a shorter day today. In looking at the route we have decided to not ride through the Groton State Forest but instead will take the bus and our bikes to The Inn at Montpelier where we have a reservation. 

We left the KOA and headed back to Littleton. Turns out I left my new can of JetBoil fuel at Jen and Micah’s place last night. He is off work today so offered to bring it to me. He cycled over the Littleton, met up with us, and we all pedaled over to the bike shop. They had the best shop dog ever. 

Again, my favorite kind of store
Heart 0 Comment 0
Loved this girl, Lucia
Heart 1 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
Imagine the hundreds of hearts that Lucia has touched.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
More of the logo like they painted on the crosswalks
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
That's sooooo great that the town exudes that attitude. What a happy, friendly place.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Sunny, hot day
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
I'm really liking all of these shots of flowing water.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

We rode on out towards the bus pickup. We had plenty of time to unload our panniers and prepare for the ride to Montpelier. The bus driver dropped us off right at the front of The Inn at Montpelier which was about a quarter mile off the main bus route. This saved us from having to reload our panniers for that final stretch. What a nice treat!

Rose's thoughts:

What a lovely campground. Great bathrooms and quiet campers.  We were leaving mid morning, so I had an opportunity to do laundry aka fluff and stuff the panniers afterwards. 🤣

We broke camp and rolled out. On our way to the trail, I took a wrong turn and got a few extra miles in. Yay me! Ha!

As I turned around, I got a phone call from my boyfriend in Florida, asking me to be 500% more careful every day I am riding. He was just passing an accident on 27 in Sebring.  A cyclist had been run over by a dump truck. Bicycle was demolished and flattened. Cyclist was dead in the scene, under a white sheet. This didn't help ease his daily worries about my cycling. Unfortunately, he had to pass by the accident scene multiple times in his day. Please watch out for cyclists. We are everywhere.

We caught back up on the Ammonoosuc railtrail and shot down to Shaw's grocery store for lunch. Our stomachs are always bigger than the room in our panniers. We made it fit as always! Soon we are off to meet Micah at the Littleton bike shoppe. 

Brody replaced my rear brakes and lessened to squeaking. Kim and I met a new friend, Lucia the shop doggo!❤

Kim and Lucia at Littleton bicycle shoppe.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lucia trying not to fall asleep from all the petting.
Heart 1 Comment 0

From there we climbed our last hills for the day to Littleton Regional Hospital to catch our free bus to St. Johnsbury Welcome center in Vermont, where we caught another bus to Montpelier.  

Stay flexible friends! There are always options to avoid the suck defined at this time as massive hills, no services and rustic routes.

Today's ride: 17 miles (27 km)
Total: 281 miles (452 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0