Richmond to South Burlington - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

August 12, 2021

Richmond to South Burlington

We packed up out wet tents and made our way to South Burlington. Tonight we are staying with WS hosts Sue and Charlie.

On the way we stopped at REI in Williston to look for new tents since our current ones seem to need rewaterproofing. The waterproofing process is involved and requires significant drying time, something we wouldn’t have right now. I had looked at tents on line the night before and narrowed down my choices. The selection in stock, however, was very limited. Then we made our way to Dick’s Sporting Goods and had some success.

We still had time to kill since it was a short riding day. We dried our old tents and went next door to Staples to box them up and ship to my house. I added a couple of clothing items as well so my panniers won’t be quite so tightly packed.
Great lunch at Panera in the same shopping area. then in to Sue’s house. 
We were welcomed by Sue and Charlie. 

Unloaded our bikes, stored them in their garage, and proceeded to have lively and engaging conversations about, what else, bike tours!!

Charlie fixed a wonderful dinner that was quite enjoyable. He is from Jax, later Longwood. He and his family members may know some of the same people I know.

Today's ride: 17 miles (27 km)
Total: 327 miles (526 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
I really like the mileages that you are doing. Nothing over thirty on a single day - that is right up my alley. Sorry to hear about your tent woes.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago