South Burlington to Shelburne - Northern Tier Modified - CycleBlaze

August 13, 2021

South Burlington to Shelburne

We are so thankful to have stayed with Sue snd Charlie. They were very welcoming and provided wonderful hospitality. Shower, dinner, laundry, comfortable beds, breakfast. You name it. In particular I really enjoyed Sue's stories of past trips and recommended places to tour. I took a lot of notes!

Sue and Charlie, excellent WS hosts
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
Charlie looks like a Woodstock veteran.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

She also provided great route info this morning for us to use as we continued on our way. What a blessing it was to meet them and get ourselves situated for the next days ahead! 
Charlie gave us some of his hand-made bender puzzles to take along. We have made new friends and I hope to meet them for lunch in St Augustine when they are in central Florida this winter. 

Charlie’s collection of hand-made bender puzzles
Heart 0 Comment 1
John ScanlanKimsan,
What is a hand-made bender puzzle? I understand the "hand-made" part. And I guess the "bender" part involves the bending of wire. But what makes a puzzle out of it?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago


Rose's perspective:

After a great nights rest indoors and an excellent breakfast Charlie made us. Kim and I packed up rolled out about 930am.  It was such a delight to talk with Sue and Charlie! Good humans!

We made it into Shelburne Campground about 1045 am. We had a few nice bike path along the way as well as good easement on Route 7.  We set up our tents after a while. Temps are creeping up to the 90's.  We set out to find shade and AC. Ended up at Dunkin for a few hours. Later in the evening, the storm hit. Rain and thunder clashing nearby the tents.  I fell asleep as the rain drowned out the nearby neighbors disagreements.  New day tomorrow!

Today's ride: 10 miles (16 km)
Total: 337 miles (542 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0