Corvara Rest Day - Fibonacci Scribble - CycleBlaze

June 13, 2022

Corvara Rest Day

Today has been a proper rest day. No 200-metre climbs, either on foot or on bike, nothing. The only must-do for the day was to get more toothpaste. 

The weather cooperated fully with our plan by not tempting us.  It woke us around 5:30 this morning with thunder and lightning, though the sun was shining when we went out on our errand after breakfast. We did a circuit of the “business district” of the village to give the cleaner (a very sweet woman with no English who was concerned I might be too cold in my shorts) time to do our room.  By the time we were back at mid-morning, the sun had gone into intermittent hiding and it was indeed cool out.  In the time we were out, we saw three organized groups heading up Campolongo and I hoped they had warm layers for the descents. We were glad we’d done our hike yesterday. 

Looking out at 5:30 this morning. Doesn’t look promising, does it?
Heart 4 Comment 0

We came back with not only toothpaste but with a souvenir jersey for me. Al got one yesterday but I couldn’t decide as none of the Dolomites styles available fit me.  But I found one from a local (Bolzano) company and broke my long-sleeves-only rule.  It may not have the passes listed on it but it has Italian style. You might see it in an upcoming post and maybe Al’s too.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Keith Adams"it has Italian style."

In which case it will be very stylish indeed. Even the cops wear uniforms created by fashion designers.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago