Journal Comments - Fibonacci Scribble - CycleBlaze

From Fibonacci Scribble by Jacquie Gaudet

Jacquie Gaudet commented on Introduction

Ha! You caught me on the computer making notes from the Andersons' Sicily trips. Fibonacci might have to wait until 2022 (even if we can travel next year--fingers and toes crossed). We have a house sale and move and two weddings in 2021 so if we go, it will need to be earlier in the year. Sicily and Puglia!

Kathleen Jones replied to a comment by Jacquie Gaudet on Introduction

As someone who can't do air math, yet is married to a math major/ programmer, I say go ahead with the math angle when you do this tour. And besides, it's your tour and your journal. Don't stifle yourself (reference: Archie Bunker). You never know who's going to be interested. Even I get the beauty of the Fibonacci sequence. And fractals.

1 year ago
Jacquie Gaudet commented on Postponed (very sad face)

I haven't been on my bike, other than to ride to the gym, for the past month. We were focussing on getting our skiing days in--and now all the ski areas and our gym are closed. We could go ski touring, but the off-piste conditions locally aren't attractive to us. Besides, backcountry skiing with only two in the party is never a good idea, and my skiing ability isn't quite "there" yet after missing last season.

We've each been thinking about going for a ride, but I'm pretty sure we've been exposed at some level and neither of us wants to get a chill. The weather this week is cool and clear and although that's good for climbing, it's still quite cold to ride down a hill. And it's hilly around here! So walking and hiking will continue...

1 year ago
Scott Anderson commented on Postponed (very sad face)

I’m so sorry, Jacquie. Sad for all of us, for that matter. I hope you’ll still get out on your bike while all of this unwinds though. BC is world-class beautiful, even if it’s not the Dolomites. You could show us all a look around.

1 year ago
Jacquie Gaudet commented on Postponed (very sad face)

I'm hoping so. I'm just glad I don't have young children to have to amuse.

1 year ago
Steve Miller/Grampies commented on Postponed (very sad face)

Very unfortunate but clearly you made the right (and only ) decision possible at this time. Hopefully this will all settle down and life can get back to a new normal.

Jacquie Gaudet replied to a comment by Patrick O'Hara on The Scribble

I forgot to thank you for the offer! I'll keep it in mind if NWPL disposes of theirs.

Jacquie Gaudet commented on The Scribble

We are actually in Burnaby, not on the Island. I currently have the book from the New West Public Library (renewed 4 times!) since Burnaby PL seems to have disposed of theirs. (It was there last summer but has been gone from the catalogue since September.)

I plan to scan the rest of the book before I return it. I scanned several chapters when I had it out last fall.

Patrick O'Hara commented on The Scribble

We have the book if you want to borrow it! I can easily mail it to the Island.

Jacquie Gaudet commented on a photo in The Scribble

I've wanted to go since I read Sean Kane's journal some years ago.

Jacquie Gaudet replied to a comment by Patrick O'Hara on The Scribble

I suspect it's pretty popular since I found it in the Lonely Planet Cycling Italy book. Sadly, the book is out of print...

Jacquie Gaudet replied to a comment by Patrick O'Hara on The Scribble

Those are both in the plans (such as they are).

Patrick O'Hara commented on The Scribble

It's funny looking at your route. Sue and I have been to some of the same areas as you are planning. Looks like your route from Lake Como to Bolzano is the same route we took a few years back. Looking forward to reliving it again! Tail Winds.

Patrick O'Hara commented on a photo in The Scribble

Looks like a fantastic trip. Can't wait to follow along. You'll love the hilltop towns of Tuscany.

Patrick O'Hara commented on The Scribble

Wonderful to see you an Al back on the road again. I am looking forward once again to be living vicariously through the lives of people like you and the Andersons. When you are around Cortina d'Ampezzo (and if you have time and energy) you must do Passo Fedaia and Passo Giau. Take care!