A few introductory comments - Bridging the Gap - CycleBlaze

April 1, 2020

A few introductory comments

About this journal

Obviously, these are not normal times. We each are finding our way through the challenges of social distancing and keeping healthy in the face of a very real and very serious viral threat. It is clear that bicycle touring as we know it is not possible. Indeed, even going for a bike ride is restricted in some areas.

In the USA, most shelter-in-place guidelines allow for bicycle rides, albeit not in groups. And it was the promise of cycling that sustained me through the cold, wet and isolating days of March in Iowa. Warmer days now appear sporadically, bringing along the sights, sounds, and smells of spring. Nature is not susceptible to the coronavirus, and it is wondrous to be outdoors this time of year. I have chosen to share with you my cycling forays in and around central Iowa - a hub and spoke journal. There will be no amazing photos of mountains or seascapes but rather the rural landscapes and small town life in the American heartland. The journal will be therapeutic for me, and I hope will give you a brief diversion or occasional chuckle along the way.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 12
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Mike AylingI look forward to your adventures Susan

Mike
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
Graham SmithLovely words Susan. Spot on.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago