We're here!!! Council Bluffs, Iowa - Six weeks on the Great American Rail Trail plus! - CycleBlaze

May 2, 2022

We're here!!! Council Bluffs, Iowa

Rain, Rain, Rain

Finally we're are back on the road again. John and I flew to Omaha, Nebraska, yesterday with Sharon Wilson. We will be riding back east to Arlington, VA  with fifteen of our good riding buddies. Ten of us will be doing the whole trip over the next six weeks. We will be joined by five others for portions of the trip. So good to see everyone!
Today, May 2, is for getting all set up. Checking out bikes that were shipped, planning meals for the next 24 hours, reviewing the cue sheets for our first day on the road going to Avoca, Iowa, repacking for efficiency, and most important reconnecting with our biking buddies! 

First night of 42 in a motel room with our cute bikes!!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 5
Mark MacDonaldThese bikes look a little electric to me !

Good luck to you both, with best regards from Mark and Babs in York England.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jack OlsonAloha Cindy & John,

This is Jack Olson - I rode with you on Ken & Nancy's Bike Across America tour in 2005. We moved to Hawaii in 2013 so it is a bit more difficult to plan bike tours. I'd like to get more information about your e-bikes sometime. Looks like a good setup for touring. We moved to a new house in Kona last December - the road to our place climbs 1500 feet in 3.5 miles - so an e-bike may be in my future.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Susan CarpenterI'm excited to follow along - looks like a great trip. I'm especially interested in the Iowa portion as I've spent many hours on the Rail Trails of central Iowa. If at all possible, try to include a ride across the High Trestle Trail bridge at night. Enjoy!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Cindy SenningTo Jack OlsonHi Jack, So fun to hear from you. I mentioned it to Ken, Nancy and Johm (Senning). We all got a good smile thinking of 2005. We'd love to talk to you about our ebikes which we LOVE! We'll get in touch. Cindy
Reply to this comment
1 year ago