DAY 5 - PEGGY’S COVE - Atlantic Canada - Counter Clockwise - CycleBlaze

June 19, 2022

DAY 5 - PEGGY’S COVE

Day 5 - Well, after a wonderful day on the road yesterday and a late night (1:30 am), the sun rose again.  The ocean can be heard smashing on the shore and the sun is peaking through the morning haze. 

With Dan in the lead....

Today Dan and I road about 14 miles together before we said goodbye and went on our separate ways.  The morning was special because Dan found us an B&B where we were served a great breakfast with two couples that were staying there.  I mean we had more conversation with these guys than anywhere along our travels.  

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

German and his wife were from Quebec....he showed us images from his hometown  and listened to our stories.   German is a photographer, he had his laptop there downloading images.  MapMe was his conversation, he logs everything there and this couple is well traveled.

The other couple were bikers from Australia.   The were also very fun to talk too.  They were traveling Nova Scotia by car and taking rides on trails.

Thanks for chatting with us.... 

Heart 3 Comment 0

Well, Dan and I were soon to split ways.   We road 14 miles together to a Biker Train Cafe.   Spent time sipping coffee and having snacks trying not to think about saying goodbye.  

Heart 2 Comment 0

It is sad to say goodbye, but...we all must go home sometime, home is where our families are waiting - they miss us, and we miss them. 

Heart 2 Comment 0

Note:  Well, Dan decided to ride a little extra with me to find a beach, but nothing found, so we said our goodbyes on NS 333 about 11 KM from Peggy's Cove.  

Happy sailing Dan, it was a great and special time seeing you.   Thank you for shooting the pictures too, so nice of you.  Hope your travels go Smooth!

TIGHT ROAD - NS 333 is very tight and with a brisk wind required a lot of my attention.   I was fortunate to find a church along the way to rest and fuel up for the push to the Cove - only 38 minutes away.

Heart 3 Comment 0

Well, around 3:30 pm i could see Peggy's Cove Lighthouse and the tiny village in the distance.   What a beautiful site to see....

Heart 4 Comment 1
Daniel SpanglerGreat video man!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

My overnight here is going to be very special too.  Perched on the cliff about the surf behind Hags on the Hill - Artisan Crafted.  To the left of me is the Peggy's Cove Lighthouse rising high above the pounding surf. Wow is all I can say.

Made two new friends too Shannon and Ali - venders in the village. Such kind and friendly to this stranger from PA.

Here is my home for the evening...

Heart 2 Comment 1
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 3
Tamora StumBeautiful view from your tent hubby!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith A. SpanglerTo Tamora StumYes for sure. It is a cool place, it reminded me of New England.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Going to enjoy a beautiful sunset, then figure where to head next.....

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 2
Wendy WillisI have no words for such beauty.
I could stare at this for hours.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith A. SpanglerTo Wendy WillisWendy I had such a great night there! Everyone left. They do allow RVs to stay in lot overnight which is nice. The restaurant was so good too.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Love you all!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Daniel SpanglerWell written man! Such a great day. Wish I could be in Peggy’s cove with you- looks stunning! Wishing you safe travels and winds at your back!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago