DAY 6 - HALIFAX - Atlantic Canada - Counter Clockwise - CycleBlaze

June 20, 2022

DAY 6 - HALIFAX

Day 6 - 8:25 am - heading to Halifax.  I'm going to cut of the big loop on the route to allow myself some down time at Peggy's Cove.

Heart 0 Comment 3
Daniel SpanglerI thought you did the “big loop” down to Peggy’s cove! No?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith A. SpanglerI skipped going to Sambo, the big loop going north then south then north.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith A. SpanglerI skipped going to Sambo, the big loop going north then south then north.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

I had a beautiful nite at the cove, spent a little time trying get a good image of the lighthouse at sunset.  The sunset was blocked by clouds, but it still looked amazing.  

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

Sometimes things just workout!

Well, rain greeted me last night as I slept with the background music of waves hitting the rocks.  All is good, the tent did it's job and so did the Ortlieb bags.  

Morning clouds and cool breeze.

Heart 4 Comment 0

Drying out over breakfast then I'll roll on.  

Heart 2 Comment 0

Note: I forgot to mention I stopped at the Swissair Flight 111 Memorial yesterday.  It sits high above the water over looking At. Margaret's Bay near Peggy's Cove.   All passengers and crew were lost.  Tragic!

Well, the push out of Peggy's Cove was very scenic.   Lots of blue water and greens.  The road (333) kept turning back and forth with slight rolls.  No traffic either.  

Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

The scenic became more fields of pines and small homes and churches.   I eventually found a Tim Horton's where I spent some time looking for an overnight in Halifax.  Westin was the winner located near the Halifax Ferry - the start point for Day 7.  Yes, expensive, but my other options failed.  That happens, no worries, heck didn't pay anything last night. Thanks Tamora for your help!  Going watch some TV and take a couple showers now!

Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 29 miles (47 km)
Total: 274 miles (441 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Tamora StumShower Shower Shower!! Enjoy a TV show tonight. Love T
Reply to this comment
1 year ago