DAY 19 - INVERNESS - Atlantic Canada - Counter Clockwise - CycleBlaze

July 3, 2022

DAY 19 - INVERNESS

Day 19 - 

Heart 2 Comment 0

Woke up to cloudy skies and breezy, but the sun and blue is coming out.   The road ahead today is coastal and softly flat and rolling.

Was greeted by a frozen-time fisherman as I headed out.

Heart 3 Comment 2
brandon spanglerwho's that weirdo next to that totally normal fisherman ;)
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith A. SpanglerCharacters right
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Looking back at the mountains makes me smile for the those challenges are behind me.  I was fortunate to have visited when I did.

Heart 3 Comment 0

Forward.....

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

Views are amazing on this stretch of highway....

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

After getting a crappy burger at the Cool Miners Cafe Pub (don't go there)....jumped on the 56-mile Celtic Coastal Shores Trail.  Beautiful groomed rail trail that passes through farmland, forests, lakes, and bays.  You can Google it.   

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Along the early part of the trail I met a couple of travelers who let me join them.   Tyson and his wife are from Vancouver, CA.  We shared a pizza along the route and pedaled our way toward the Canso Causeway - the only way to the mainland. 

With sunset approaching we decided to stealth camp.  The bugs eventually pushed us into our tents with the background cover of orange and pinks.  

Heart 2 Comment 0
Blue pin shows our location.
Heart 2 Comment 0

So thankful to have a tent tonight!   BUGS.

Note:   The calm sound of the surf and the bright 1/4 moon are reassuring that life is good!

Thank you Cape Breton for an outstanding adventure!
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 74 miles (119 km)
Total: 786 miles (1,265 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Daniel SpanglerKeep trucking!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Tamora StumGreat pictures and a big day for Biker Dale. xoxo
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith A. SpanglerThank you Tamora
Reply to this comment
1 year ago