Day 9 - Flying Home - Floating Across The Netherlands - Tandem Tour - July 2022 - CycleBlaze

July 10, 2022

Day 9 - Flying Home

This will be the shortest entry of the journal, I think.

We left the hotel and took the train to Schipol Airport.  After checking the bags in, we got in line for the security scan.  So far, easy.

Unfortunately, the line was incredibly long.  It took us 1 hour and 45 minutes to get through the scanners.  Luckily we had been warned, so we had arrived 3 hours early.

Long lines at Schipol
Heart 0 Comment 1
Scott AndersonYuk! Faster to take the train?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

So no drama!  Our flight left 20 minutes late and we were home by 6PM.  

Another great tour in the rear view mirror!



Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Suzanne GibsonSounds like it was a fun and relaxed tour. Thanks for taking us along!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Keith Adams"Time to spare? Go by air."

Any idea why the airport line was so long? Not enough screeners? Not enough scanning machines? Complex procedures?

By contrast, on our flight to Oregon last month (domestic US, which may be part of the difference from European-originating international) we sailed through the security checkpoint with a minimum of fuss and ado, and almost no line. Then again we were traveling at midday on a Wednesday. That may also have been a factor.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rich FrasierTo Keith AdamsYeah, Robin always says "Flying is great if you've got the time".

The official word was lack of staff and large passenger volumes. On our flight out of Toulouse, there were no lines at all. So I think this is airport-specific. Schipol is one of the busiest airports in Europe.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago