Day 8 - Train back to Amsterdam and packing to go home - Floating Across The Netherlands - Tandem Tour - July 2022 - CycleBlaze

July 9, 2022

Day 8 - Train back to Amsterdam and packing to go home

There’s not a lot to say about today.  After a last breakfast, we said goodbye to our German and American shipmates and walked 20 minutes to the Maastricht train station.  We bought tickets for us and the bike and were quickly on the 9:31 train for Alkmaar, stopping at Amsterdam Centraal. 

The shrunk tandem impersonating a single bike on the train.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Scott AndersonThat’s really impressive!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

By 12 noon we were walking to our hotel in Amsterdam.  

We were able to check in early (yay!) so we dumped our luggage in the room and checked the bike into the luggage storeroom.  Then out to lunch.

Once back from lunch, it was time to break the bike down and shoehorn it into the suitcase.

It always amazes me when it fits!
Heart 0 Comment 1
Keith AdamsBike Friday do an amazing job of designing for that, don't they? Our Doubleday (BF recumbent tandem) takes two suitcases but it works, and has been to Europe with us five times; my New World Tourist has been to Hawaii and now to Oregon. So, they've each fulfilled their primary purpose: enabling relatively painless air travel to and from a cycling vacation.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

That’s it for today.   We’re going to relax for the rest of the day.  For some reason, we’re kind of tired.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0