Getting to Trento - Wobbling Over the Alps - Tandem Tour - September 2022 - CycleBlaze

August 29, 2022 to August 30, 2022

Getting to Trento

These two days consisted of driving from Limoux to Trento, where we’ll leave the car.  Since there’s no riding on these days, I’ll keep it brief.

Day 1 was driving from Limoux to Bordighera, Italy.  We left home about 1015 and arrived at the Hotel Villa Miki in Bordighera around 1630.  It’s a nice hotel, a couple of blocks from the beach.  So after stowing our stuff, we went out for a walk.  Which ended up lasting through dinner and a bit beyond.

Walking along the water in Bordighera
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dinner with free sunset.
Heart 1 Comment 0
More free sunset.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Nighttime fun fair along the beach. This inflatable slide has probably traumatized many a child. It’s shaped like a giant toilet and the slide descends into the bowl. Oh my!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Day 2 was the remainder of the distance to Trento.  We left the hotel at around 930 and were in Trento by 1515.  It was a mostly uninteresting drive until we started getting close to Trento.

Castel Beseno - just south of Trento. Need to visit that someday!
Heart 1 Comment 0

We found our parking garage, « Autosilo Buonconsiglio », with no trouble.  I had reserved a spot for the duration of our trip.  The car will be safe and under cover until we return.  Our hotel, the « Hotel Buonconsiglio », was a very short walk away.   We left the bike in the car, dropped our snags in the hotel, and headed out for a walk.  Which turned into dinner again.   Notice a pattern?

What a beautiful town!

Piazza del Duomo, Trento
Heart 1 Comment 0
Piazza del Duomo again
Heart 1 Comment 0
And again!
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had time to nose around this charming city.

Inside the Duomo
Heart 0 Comment 0
Apéros of course!
Heart 2 Comment 0

After a so-so dinner at Ristorante Alla Grotta, we snoozed the night away.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Suzanne GibsonSounds like everything is going to plan! In Rosenheim you'll be very close to where we are, about 70km. I wish we had time to make it to Rosenheim for a meal together, but our days are full before I leave on Monday. I hope we get the chance to meet some day. Europe is small (relatively speaking) so it is bound to happen.
I'm not sure what day you are starting but the weather is looking good starting September 1. Gute Reise!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago