The Plan - Circling the Windy Mountain - Tandem Tour - May 2023 - CycleBlaze

March 9, 2023

The Plan

Heart 0 Comment 0

A new year!  And a new tandem!  As the winter fades away into longer, warmer days, our thoughts inevitably turn toward cycling.  A shorter "shake-down" tour on the new bike is called for to start our touring year.

Based on other people's rides here on CycleBlaze, we decided that a quick trip around Mont Ventoux would be a good way to test out the new tandem.  We've admired other's trips through the Gorges de la Nesque, and we've been wanting to visit the Roman vestiges at Vaison-la-Romaine.  So this circuit seemed like a good early spring option.

We'll leave the car in the Carpentras train station parking lot.   It's about a 3.5 hour drive from Limoux .

Timing of the trip, and reservations for lodging, will be decided at the last minute based on a hopefully optimistic weather report sometime between now and June. 

Basically, we're going to wait for a good weather window and then jump on it.   We're hoping for mid-April, but who knows?

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 6
Steve Miller/GrampiesLucky you to be able to do quick European jaunts without needing to endure long and uncomfortable air flights. Here's hoping for a suitable weather window to open for you very soon.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithNew tandem? I looked back at your most recent blog and didn't see anything about it. Tell us more, please!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Kelly IniguezWe need a photo of your new wheels!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Suzanne GibsonSounds like an excellent plan! I hope you get a window of good weather asap! But if it doesn't happen until May, Susan Carpenter, Janos and I will be on the stretch between Sault and Carpentras between May 4 and May 8. Wouldn't it be great if we could all meet!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rachael AndersonSounds like a great ride! I look forward to reading all about it.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Susan CarpenterAs Suzanne indicated, there will be a trio of CycleBlazers pedaling around Provence the first week in May - it would be great to see you and Robin again if weather and plans permit.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago