Back Home - Circling the Windy Mountain - Tandem Tour - May 2023 - CycleBlaze

May 29, 2023

Back Home

We woke up this morning and agreed:  We were DONE.  Sore and tired legs, not enough sleep, and the bed in our "chalet" was more like sleeping on a door than anything else.  We're too old for this.

So we sent our regrets to the eager beavers who were going to ride on Day 3 of the Cevennes rally, and headed home.

Coming home is always sweet, but doesn't merit much of a journal entry.  Let's just say it was about 3 hours from Saint-Jean-du-Gard to Limoux.  Today was a holiday, but the traffic was surprising light.  We were home in time to unload the car, make lunch, and spend the afternoon puttering around the house and garden.

Schnooks was amazing on this tour.  She behaved impeccably, whether loaded down with paniers or climbing 12% grades.  The electronic shifting was flawless, the wide GravelKing tires were comfortable and sure-footed, and the huge rotors on our disk brakes made descending safe and secure.  We are over the moon with this bike, and looking forward to many more tours in the future - starting in September!

Thanks for reading!  I hope this journal encourages someone to get out and try cycle touring.  It's a truly amazing way to see the world and meet incredible people!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Mark BinghamWhat a great ride, and a really cool rally. I'm happy Schnooks is working out (a belt drive... very nice!).

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading about it!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago