Luzy - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

August 8, 2023

Luzy

Luzy turned out to be a pretty great place for a rest day. The weather has finally improved so we washed and dried 3 loads of laundry and could enjoy the little town. As usual, we hunted out the playground in the morning. It was a good one with a tractor slide. The town also sees a lot of tractors and trucks pass through, so watching these from the park was very interesting (for Tobias, and allowed us to have a conversation). 

While Tobias napped we started making some preparations for the last month of our trip. We still have quite some ground to cover so it feels a bit strange to be discussing logistics for being back in Utrecht and New Zealand. But most people plan their lives more than a week in advance so it makes sense.

In the afternoon we went to another place that seemed like a brand new park. We could see it from the road but it was a bit difficult to find our way there. There was a big wooden sculpture and as soon as Tobias saw it he said "glijbaan" (slide). I started preparing for it being something to look at and not touch because it looked like art, but it turns out he was right and it was designed to be used by kids to play on in all sorts of ways.

In general it was a better day for Tobias, except for when he thew a glass bottle of hot sauce down the concrete stairs while helping set the table for dinner. He was most upset, as was James who wanted hot sauce in his burger. I was yet again reminded that 2 year olds have lots to learn about how the world works, including that glass breaks when you smash it on concrete.

We head off again tomorrow towards Dijon. We have time to spare but instead of expanding our route we are keeping the days quite short so we can do most of our riding while Tobias naps.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0