Bourbon-Lancy to Luzy - We're going on an adventure... - CycleBlaze

August 7, 2023

Bourbon-Lancy to Luzy

About half an hour after we went to bed last night, just after promising Keri that the rain was all done and it wasn't going to be so windy for the next few days, it rained. So this morning we had to yet again deal with a wet tent. Luckily the day looked promising and even though it was cold we had blue skies.

For once we weren't the last cycle tourists out of the campsite, though we were still closer to 11 than 10. We headed through Bourbon-Lancy and past the bakery before getting back into the short hilly roads that we seem to like best. We trialed a new tactic of stopping for shorter breaks more frequently to see if that would keep Tobias more interested in biking. It didn't really, but it was nice to stop and pick some blackberries for 10 minutes anyway. We were heading north east the whole day with a few climbs, but nothing steep or longer than a few kilometres. 

We stopped for lunch at the start of one of the tracks up signal de Mont, about the top of our first climb for the day. The roads all day were very very quiet again, we passed less than 10 cars in an hour. The scenery was also more inspiring than yesterday, although perhaps that was just because there was sunshine.

After lunch we descended and I was glad I kept my jersey on. I'm not sure if it's usually so cold here at this time of year, but as soon as there was no sun it was pretty chilly. The descent ended at Maltat and we started climbing again straight away to head up to Tazilly where we passed the first shop since we left this morning. The climb carried on for another few kilometres after this before descending down into Luzy. 

We are staying in an Airbnb here for 2 nights. We have a mountain of laundry, all our devices are flat, and we are a bit in need of a day off. I'm not really sure what the town has to offer, we will find out tomorrow. The house is great and we didn't have to carry the bikes up any stairs. The supermarket nearby was so full of Dutch people we felt like we were at an Albert Heijn. 

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 35 km (22 miles)
Total: 2,744 km (1,704 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0