SilverRock and Back - Poking Around South of the Border - CycleBlaze

March 14, 2022

SilverRock and Back

A Glorious  Ride

We started out on what has become our favourite route. Through the neighbourhoods and on to La Quinta. Then we toured through the La Quinta resort, where I was hinting at a refreshment stop. It is such a cool place. The Chief Navigator had other plans though…or I did. There has been some discussion about which one if us actually came up with the idea to continue to SilverRock Golf Resort. No matter, it was a brilliant idea. We have fond memories of this place, and now we have made more. 

On the way. A unique, but apt mailbox for an area with 124 golf courses.
Heart 1 Comment 2
marilyn swettIt's always interesting to see mailboxes that are unique for that area. Here in Florida we've found manatees, dolphins, turtles, crabs and fish.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Kathleen ClassenThat is so much fun. I have a soft spot for manatees. We have discovered mailboxes in California can be so interesting. In most places in Canada the posties come to the front door so it isn’t as much of an opportunity for creative expression.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

One of the great things about riding the bikes here is we see many areas that we wouldn’t in a car. The ride out involved bike lanes, courteous drivers and Old Town La Quinta. SilverRock itself has changed. There is a tremendous amount of development going on. Houses (huge houses), a hotel, and lots of blowing sand to show for it. The Pro Shop is in a trailer for now, and merited some time.

It is such a beautiful course.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We found that the restaurant was exactly the same, and we settled in. 

A rare picture of Keith.
Heart 4 Comment 0

The ride home, like the ride out, was on bike paths, swoopy sidewalks and quiet streets. The riding here is easy. 

How civilized. Especially since a pedestrian is a very rare sight on one of these sidewalks. The sign I really wanted a picture of includes golf carts in the equation.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 55 km (34 miles)
Total: 257 km (160 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0