The Journey Home Begins: Berlin to Frankfurt Flughaven - Poking Around Europe on our Bikes - CycleBlaze

October 26, 2014

The Journey Home Begins: Berlin to Frankfurt Flughaven

Having an extra hour to sleep in with the time change was a treat this morning, and we get to repeat the experience again next Sunday in Victoria. Thank goodness Wolf and Anna knew...Keith and I would never have realized and we would have been at the train station an hour early! Not a disaster if that had happened, but the extra hour with Wolfgang and Anna was a treat.

Wolfgang took us to the train, and it is always hard for me to say goodbye. It won't be as long between visits this time though, and Berlin may be where we start our trip next year. We had time for one last coffee at the train station and then it was on the ICE to Leipzig. We didn't have an LED read out in our car so I don't know precisely how fast we were going over the ground, but it was fast. Train travel is so much fun for us because we don't get to do it very often.

An easy change at Leipzig, and the next thing we knew we were at the Frankfurt airport, checked into the Sheraton, checked in for our flights, and searching high and low for a bigger elevator to get us where we need to be in the morning. No luck with that one. We have had dinner and will head down to the lobby soon for one last glass of wine in Germany. Here is to next year!

There will be some reflections on the trip once home, and I feel I won't have properly finished a biking blog until I report on how the Surly ponies do on the return journey, so there will be a few more pages yet.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0