Where are we going?: How do we get those bikes in the boxes? YouTube to the rescue. - Poking Around Europe on our Bikes - CycleBlaze

August 28, 2014

Where are we going?: How do we get those bikes in the boxes? YouTube to the rescue.

We have been wanting to return to Europe with our bikes since doing a car camping trip with our two boys in 1999. We leave in a few days, flying to Frankfurt on August 31st. Our trip is very loosely planned, by design. We want the flexibility to make decisions as we go so we have not pre booked any accomodation except the first night at the airport. We hope to spend a few days at the end of the tour with our good friends Wolfgang and Anna in Berlin. The first three weeks of the tour will include Germany on the Main and Mosel Rivers, then the Alsace in France and joining friends in Provence. After that? Well, we are not sure.

Our bike touring experience is limited, having only done several short but satisfying tours from our home. We really enjoyed the experiences and are excited at the prospect of a longer tour. Packing the bikes in boxes for Air Canada has been an education - YouTube said two hours - well, it took us a little longer. We should be able to reassemble them a little faster at the other end or we may never get out of Frankfurt. We are looking forward to getting on the plane!

One Surly bike ready for another attempt at fitting in the bike box.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0