A Ride Through the Beautiful Countryside in Search of Cake - All Roads Lead to Italy - CycleBlaze

July 9, 2017

A Ride Through the Beautiful Countryside in Search of Cake

The weather has been good for our visit so far. However, it sounds like rain and cooler weather are coming on Monday, so we are planning to have a long ride today through the countryside, with the destination being one of the best bakeries we have enjoyed in Germany.  Garcia's is a Spanish run bakery which features a vast array of exquisite cakes and is located in Westerburg a town about 25 km from where we are staying.

We haven't been back to Garcia's in some years - it was worth the wait. Barry had a delicious tomato and mozzarella sandwich and Mary Ellen had Hungarian Goulash. But the real reason we had wanted to do the ride was the cakes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cherry cake for Mary Ellen and Sacher Torte for Barry
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our wonderful friends, Georg and Cora.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A nice section of gravel track through the farm land which cyclists share with the farmers.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The area where we are staying is picturesque with lush rolling hills, farms and villages nestled in to the countryside. Church steeples are the first sight of a village in the distance and we also passed a castle high up on the hill.

Villages nestled in the countryside of Hessen region.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A good day for riding on the bike trails in the countryside of Hessen. Getting to know this region so deeply through our friends, we are feeling like this is a second home for us.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our "fierce" mascot Buster,, a Canadian bear, made the journey to ride with us on the front of Seavo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cora leading the way. With our motor, these hills are significantly easier.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 52 km (32 miles)
Total: 87 km (54 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0