To Missoula: Greenough Park - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

September 22, 2007

To Missoula: Greenough Park

We had frost overnight, the rainfly of our tent is frozen and the posts are cold that the water Patrick pours into it forms ice crystals on the bottom. We fix a cup of coffee and eat a cereal bar, hoping for a second breakfast down the road this morning.

We start with a hill, then follow a valley to Potomac and Milltown. There is no cafe in Potomac, but at about 10am we pass a log cabin place that mentions cafe. We find a nice place where it seems the locals eat too. We reach Missoula at noon, it is busy on the route we've chosen because Montana State football game is happening this afternoon.

Our first stop is the bridge in Greenough Park where we married in 1995 for some pictures, then over a couple of blocks to Laura's house. We hear Dan Chan is on his way here too. He arrives in the evening. We meet Alan and his girlfriend, and Greg a friend of Laura. Greg said he had looked for us on the road when he drove his sailboat to Lake Placid.

We get settled into Alan's old room, we are so excited to have a full sized pillow, and she gives us full sized towels for the shower! We visit, Dan arrives and has "Gina" his cat in the car. Laura has fixed spaghetti, salad, bread for all of us.

We catch up with our emails and laundry.

Packed up and it is cold
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bridge over Rattlesnake Creek in Greenough Park
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Laura Fox
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bridge over Rattlesnake Creek in Greenough Park, July 8, 1995; With Linda Lake and Beth Stuckey
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 63 km (39 miles)
Total: 15,161 km (9,415 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0