To Clearwater Junction - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

September 21, 2007

To Clearwater Junction

Sometime during the night the rain stopped; and twice Patrick had to chase away a small varmint (maybe a mouse?) from our food. We have managed to stay dry and keep the inside of the tent dry as well as our clothes...except Patrick's rain jacket. The tent is packed up with a wet rainfly and ground clothe, we eat a granola bar and head for Condon and hopefully a cafe. Another great breakfast at a cafe, Bisquits & gravy over hash browns and eggs and toast...and 3 cups of coffee.

After a year of thinking in kilometers, the miles seem long. 

The hills are longer steeper and again back to downhills that lose altitude but not long enough to help up the next hill. There are lots of deer along the road, and over the day, the clouds lift. The last section we follow the shoreline of Seeley Lake. The wind picks up and we reach the junction about 2:30pm. Patrick buys a coke and chips and a 6pack of Moose Drool Beer. We call Dan Chan (a friend of Patrick's from his first Adventure cycling American trip) and actually to our surprise talk with him instead of just leaving message. We give him Laura's address and phone number in Missoula, we will meet up tomorrow.

Just down the road we make camp at Fishing access campground. The same one we camped at 12 years ago the first night out of Missoula on our honeymoon ride. The sun is shining, a line is set up to dry what needs drying, we read and enjoy the beer.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 95 km (59 miles)
Total: 15,098 km (9,376 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0