Rest Day in Hua Hin: Rainy day and food - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

December 4, 2006

Rest Day in Hua Hin: Rainy day and food

We woke up to pouring rain! This is when it's nice that we had already decided to take a rest day!

Otherwise, we could be accused of being just fair-weather cyclists. Today is a good day for food. Up early we find a restaurant for a big breakfast of eggs, thick toast with strawberry or orange marmalade, juice and coffee. Very few people are out and about this time of day.

We walk the alleys, find an internet cafe where Patrick checks emails and Rachel looks for a hair salon, she needs a haircut. She finds one that opens at 0930 and indicates how much she wants cut, "just a trim" for 200 baht. A girl washes her hair, the chair is comfortable and it's like a head massage. Then a man starts trimming, then when he starts to blow dry her hair, the woman starts drying on the other side. After 25 minutes, Rachel's hair is dry.

For lunch, we go to a German restaurant and have wiener schnitzel with a tube of strong mustard, French fries and a salad with vinegar and oil dressing. It was wonderful! Back to the hotel, rest in the afternoon, buy a bottle of red wine from Chile (425 baht) and watch old movies. The dinner is at a seafood restaurant on the pier. We are at a table just above the beach and listen to the waves crashing on the rocks. It is almost a full moon.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0