To Hua Hin: Western familiar food - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

December 3, 2006

To Hua Hin: Western familiar food

After the route mix up yesterday, we decide to stick to route 4 today and not attempt to find the back roads. Traffic is light on Sunday morning. We make good time. 

At a 7-11 near a gas station, we each have a huge ice coffee mocha. We don't eat enough after that and it's already too late when we recognize that. So, we have some more cold drink and push on. There are many  muzungu's in "The Thin", the coast is lined with hotels, high-end to mid-range.

We find our budget hotel, Memory Hotel, very near the city center and get their "luxury" room with AC, TV, and a fridge. We go to the Burger King and have a whopper for lunch, familiar food for a change. On the way back, we buy some beer to stock our fridge. A little bit later we venture out again to check out the beach, fishing pier and some of the narrow streets full of bars, restaurants and tailor shops that surround our hotel.

We have pizza for dinner, then walk to the night market just to check it out. Hua Hin seems like a nice town, much busier than Patrick remembers from 13 years ago on his around the world bike trip. 

We decide to take a rest day here tomorrow to have more time to check out the town.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Memory Hotel
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 97 km (60 miles)
Total: 2,528 km (1,570 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0