Tourists in Tblisi - The fourteenth step ... Asia Minor - CycleBlaze

September 18, 2023

Tourists in Tblisi

It was Leigh's birthday today so she called all the shots.  She wanted just three things.  Firstly to take a trip on the Tbilisi cable car up to the Narikala Fortress and the statue of Mother Georgia, secondly  to have lunch at a Thai restaurant near to our digs and thirdly for me to cook her some supper.  So that's what she got.

The Tree of Wishes near the lower cable car station.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Up we go. A tethered hot air balloon in the background.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
An inexplicable reflection of my hat in the cable car window.
Heart 0 Comment 0
View of the old city from the upper station.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Narikala Fortress. Not much is left of it.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mother Georgia
Heart 0 Comment 0
When we ascended we walked straight into an available car but on our return to the lower station a queue had developed.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Crossing the Bridge of Peace.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Lunch at the Thai restaurant. Gaeng Phed Moo (red curry with pork) and Tom Kha Gai (coconut soup with chicken). Curry rather weak but the soup was OK. Both needed the help of extra fish sauce and chillies.
Heart 2 Comment 0
My braised beef rib turned out to be rather tough but Leigh loved the mashed potatoes.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Leigh demanded a full South African breakfast tomorrow so more cooking chores lie ahead of me.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rich FrasierHappy Birthday, Leigh!
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Jean-Marc StrydomTo Rich FrasierLeigh says "thank you!".
Reply to this comment
7 months ago