Lazy day in Tbilisi - The fourteenth step ... Asia Minor - CycleBlaze

September 19, 2023

Lazy day in Tbilisi

A really lazy day relaxing in the apartment.   Leigh got her bacon, eggs, tomato and toast for breakfast so she has had three good meals on the trot.

In the morning we submitted our electronic applications for Armenian visas.  We plan to cross into Armenia on Friday so hopefully they will be issued by then.

In the afternoon we headed off to look at the crooked clock tower and did some shopping at the Carrefour in its vicinity. 

Then it was back to the apartment for a last decent home cooked meal for a while and to catch up on some of the weekend's rugby that we missed.

The walls around our apartment carry various messages.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Ironically the owners of our apartment are Russian.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some less provocative wall art.
Heart 3 Comment 2
Scott AndersonThat’s really interesting. They look like postage stamps.
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Jean-Marc StrydomTo Scott AndersonI hadn't thought of postage stamps. My first thought was a patchwork quilt.
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Heart 2 Comment 0
The crooked clock tower.
Heart 4 Comment 0
It was built out of kilter on purpose but got more crooked than the builders anticipated. Note the supporting girder on the left.
Heart 3 Comment 0
More attractive to me was this sheep at a water fountain.
Heart 2 Comment 0

It is going to be hard to leave our apartment tomorrow.  We've had a very comfortable and relaxing stay in Tblisi.   It is far more cosmopolitan than the other two cities we have visited in Georgia with lots of tourists in the old city.  

The only road out of here is the busy highway so it isn't going to be pleasant.  At some point we should escape it but I'm not sure how soon that will be.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0