Hotspot for Popular Journals? - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Hotspot for Popular Journals?

Graham Smith
Reply    Link    Flag
7 months ago
Marian RosenbergTo Graham Smith

And here I was happy about getting into the low hundreds on mine ....

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Graham SmithTo Marian Rosenberg

Me too Marian. 

I’m not keeping up the Top Hit trend of my fellow Canberrans Vince and Ian. But I am pleased I introduced both of them to CycleBlaze. Not only do they cycle tour quite amazing distances, they manage to journal well. 

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Gregory GarceauTo Graham Smith

Those are some impressive numbers.  Using movie terminology, I know I will never produce a "major blockbuster" or a "surprise hit."  I'd settle for something like, "cult favorite." 

In lieu of achieving any of those designations, maybe I can introduce some really good adventurers to Cycleblaze, as you did.  Your Australian friends wrote some pretty great stuff. 

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Mike AylingTo Marian Rosenberg

Marian, yours is the first journal that I read each morning.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Graham SmithTo Gregory Garceau

Gregory the concept of a cycle-touring cult is very amusing. It’s hard to imagine a less herdable, less compliant, more skeptical gathering of individuals than cycle tourers. 

The wannabe pedalling / peddling cult leader would be imploring their freedom seeking non-followers to drink the Kool Aid and donate to the cause, as they merrily disperse in numerous different directions in search of the holy grail of touring routes.

And yes I’m pleased Vince and Ian both signed up to CB after I mentioned it to them. Ian especially, as he has journaled troves of brilliant hard copy journals over many years, but hadn’t publish any online until his “Unfinished Business” journal. 

He even took the monumental step of buying a smartphone and learning to use it, just for his epic ride 10,000km from Canberra to Singapore.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago