Journal Comments - Pedaling and Shooting in Bavaria 2019 - CycleBlaze

From Pedaling and Shooting in Bavaria 2019 by Suzanne Gibson

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Tricia Graham on Day 2: The Ride Home

And I think you are in for some good weather, too!

Tricia Graham commented on Day 2: The Ride Home

This makes me feel even more excited about where we will be in a weeks time. We may even see storks. Before they have always abandoned their nests when we get to Europe but this year we are leaving about 3 weeks earlier than normal

Steve Miller/Grampies commented on Day 2: The Ride Home

Type your comment here

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Gregory Garceau on Day 2: The Ride Home

I forgot to mention that I also do a fair amount of post processing. For me that is part of the art of photography.

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Gregory Garceau on Day 2: The Ride Home

Thanks, Greg! Not that I think I'm that great, but yes, it is frustrating when people say 'you must have a good camera.' But it isn't necessarily talent or a good eye, either. It's practice and much time spent playing with my camera and learning.

Gregory Garceau commented on Day 2: The Ride Home

I look at your pictures and say to myself "I need a better camera." Then I remember that the art of photography involves a lot more than a good camera--like a good eye for a great shot.

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Kathleen Jones on Day 2: The Ride Home

Glad you liked my pictures, Kathleen! Yes, Janos does have e-assist. He got it the same time I did. We are now on our second generation e-bikes, and I got mine a year earlier than he did. He absolutely loves the bike he has now.

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Rachael Anderson on Day 2: The Ride Home

Yes, I mounted the cam on my bike and dispensed with my handlebar bag which was in the frame when I shot videos. The cargo bag in the back seems to be a good solution. Hope you get the extension in time for Canada!

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Nancy Graham on Day 2: The Ride Home

Right, who cares about clouds, it's no rain that counts.

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Rachael Anderson on Day 1: To Hofstetten

You warned me. But there is good software for correcting the shake, and since I don't post until we get home anyway, I'll have time to process the videos.

Rachael Anderson replied to a comment by Suzanne Gibson on Day 1: To Hofstetten

Thanks. The great image stabilization makes all the difference.

Rachael Anderson commented on a photo in Day 1: To Hofstetten

Looks like the camera works well with still photos. I’ve only used it for videos unless it gets on the wrong setting.

Kathleen Jones commented on Day 2: The Ride Home

I like how you phrased it: "It's still not raining." A miracle just for you and Janos so you can get out of the house.

Does Janos have e-assist on his bike? Do I remember right that he did not have that on his bike originally?

Thanks for the great photos, as usual. Really amazing how wonderful those GoPro stills are.

Rachael Anderson commented on Day 2: The Ride Home

I’m glad you avoided the rain and that you could get an early breakfast. I agree with you about waiting around. Great pictures! Looks like you have your camera on your bike. I hope it’s working out. I tried my camera on my Surley straggler which we are taking to Canada and found out it’s not high enough to avoid showing the handlebars, so I put in a rush order for an extension arm. I hope it comes when it said it should and it works.

Nancy Graham commented on Day 2: The Ride Home

Clouds schmouds. You had beauty with or without blue sky ;-). Nice you were at home, high and dry, by the time the rain started. What a fantastic two day tour. I am a bit envious ;’-).