Journal Comments - So long, Covid! - CycleBlaze

From So long, Covid! by Suzanne Gibson

Charmaine Ruppolt commented on a photo in Day 2: back to start

Beautiful and colorful Hungarian Gate!

3 months ago
Charmaine Ruppolt commented on a photo in Day 2: back to start

Nice picture of the Egret and reeds. :) I call Egrets "747's" because of their long wingspan. :)

3 months ago
Charmaine Ruppolt commented on a photo in Day 1: to Bad Heilbrunn

I love rail trails - peaceful, no cars, pretty scenery - can't ask for more! :)

3 months ago
Charmaine Ruppolt commented on a photo in Day 1: to Bad Heilbrunn

I love visiting churches when I am overseas - they are beautiful! Much more than ones here in the U.S.!

3 months ago
Steve Miller/Grampies commented on Last but not least - the videos

In writing up some pages for our as yet invisible upcoming blog, I was consulting with a German friend on how best to say "We're off!" or "Let's go!" or "Here we go!". It turns out to be not so simple. My friend said that the Google Translate version of "here we go" came off slightly sarcastic, while his preferred version: "Jetzt geht's los" can be a chant at football games, or occurs in anthem-like songs, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfXq6dmtsok

So even my untrained ear, at 2:13 of Jano's video #1, picked him up saying "es gehts los". I was kind of proud of myself and appreciated this bit of Janos training. With luck I might even be able to order a bratwurst (mit pommes, und senf!) when we hit Frankfurt!

7 months ago
Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Rich Frasier on Last but not least - the videos

Janos says big thanks! He has a Go Pro 7 Black, which he loves, mounted on his handlebars and for hand held stuff he uses an Insta 360 G2, a tiny and amazing action cam.

7 months ago
Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Steve Miller/Grampies on Last but not least - the videos

Many thanks from Janos! Yes, he is a great story-teller and I guess always was. When he was in elementary school and one of the younger grades needed someone to fill in for a teacher, they took Janos out of his class and had him tell the younger kids stories.
Maybe you even learned some more German watching the videos!

7 months ago
Steve Miller/Grampies commented on Last but not least - the videos

Absolutely brilliant! I think Janos is a natural actor and cinematographer. Also his way of speaking is so clear and gentle I bet he could teach even me German in a few months.

7 months ago
Rich Frasier commented on Last but not least - the videos

I love the videos! What kind of camera does Janos use? Is it a GoPro?

7 months ago
Rachael Anderson commented on Day 2: back to start

Glad the mini tour went well!

8 months ago
Rachael Anderson commented on a photo in Day 2: back to start

Great setup for your camera! I look forward to seeing the video!

8 months ago
Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Steve Miller/Grampies on Day 2: back to start

I think you will really like the countryside here. Looking forward to seeing your route in more detail.

8 months ago
Gregory Garceau commented on Day 2: back to start

What a wonderfully quirky inn! Sure, Germany has a multitude of attractions, but I'd be willing to tour there just to stay at the Magicians Cabinet.

I enjoyed the rest of your tour too, of course, and I'm glad you could do it after your bout with Covid.

8 months ago
Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Kathleen Classen on Day 1: to Bad Heilbrunn

Glad I inspired you! Looking forward to your wee tour.

8 months ago
Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by ann and steve maher-weary on a photo in Day 1: to Bad Heilbrunn

Thanks, good to hear you are going to be on the road soon again, too! I am looking forward to your next journal.

8 months ago