Nachotoches-lafayette- Avery Isle - Zydeco with Hinault - CycleBlaze

April 4, 2018

Nachotoches-lafayette- Avery Isle

Posted via email Wed Apr 4 19:31:02 2018 PDT

We drove through to Nacogdoches Tuesday; we ended in a driving rain storm. This is a small little resort town on the bayou that’s quite famous so we looked it over the next day. The stores were not open so poor Nellie couldn’t buy anything for his sweetie, but we made do. We drove on over to the Vermillion conference center in Lafayette to register each of us for the ride and to get our gear squared away. We got Lotsa goodies, but there’s lots of confusion about what tags to put on our gear for the shuttle to take to the destination overnights.

We had to check into our hotel through the tour operators and when we got to our hotel they had no record of us. They put us in a room finally that must’ve been 30 years old and the plumbing didn’t work. Then they moved to another room that might be still older, And the air-conditioning system wouldn’t work. It was cool enough for us to just simply except it the way it was, and we left not happy but determined that we were through messing around with rooms.

We went back over to the Vermilion center where they were gathering for dinner dancing and drinking. We did all three. One highlight is that I met a friend of mine‘s sister, Mary Estrada, who would come down with another riding bunch from Kansas City. I’m looking forward to riding with her tomorrow. Three great the great tour de France champion Bernard Hinault is the grand marshal for this tour. I kept looking for him so I could get his picture taken with me. I was fooled when I found a French-Canadian that looked like him and I insisted they take his picture with me. We had Lotsa laughs over that when he turned out not to be Hinault.

We were pretty tired but when we got back to the room we found that with the move still again to another room that was supposedly a sweet, with a huge King size bed and a rollaway. There were no tales, no cups, and the blankets for the rollaway. We were not happy campers. But we all have stiff upper lip, and we’re looking forward to a better day tomorrow.

It is supposed to be a much cooler day tomorrow with winds out of the north east at about 17 miles an hour. We might be having to wear a wollies.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Spoon

Oh, the t shirt pic is for Oren. See ya on the road😀

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0