Day 4 Aroudville to Lafayette - Zydeco with Hinault - CycleBlaze

April 8, 2018

Day 4 Aroudville to Lafayette

Posted via email Sun Apr 8 11:34:02 2018 PDT

Mileage=37

We were late getting our indoor camping places last night. A huge cold front pushed yesterday mornings rains out, but brought with it bitter winds, soppy open space and mud. The big dance area was brought inside and while we really enjoyed the Zydeco, we had to wait unti the party was over, tables and chairs removed before we could unfurl our gear. Top that off, we had to get up at 5 to accomodate breakfast prep.

But boy howdy what a party! Nelly just about danced every song, danced with every gal. He got hiappy on wine and Royal Crown. Cal got happy talking to every one, ‘specially the gals😜 Bernard Hinault was there autographing peoples’ biking apparel and selling biking caps; I bought one which he then signed.

The ride started at 42 degrees with cold NE winds with dark overcast skies and light mist. No one was prepared, as the forecast for the week before we came was for warm temps. Cal rode with me and Nellie boogied on in at greater speed. One half way back was rural with many new large homes. There are large stately homes trees, mostly ancient liveoaks, dotted everywhere. Last half threaded thru Lafayette and the university and was slow going. The tour marks on the streets were superb so we had no trouble.

Overall a great little tour, but different.

Spoon

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Spoon

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0