Day 29 Lumberton, TX to DeRidder, LA - Gass-powered Tandem: xcountry - CycleBlaze

March 28, 2021

Day 29 Lumberton, TX to DeRidder, LA

Heart 0 Comment 2
Joann JohnsonKen and Francie; really enjoying watching this journey! Love the change of scenery as you have gone through texas. I loved the flower!!!! I hope you both are doing well! How's the foot doing Francie???
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Francie GassThanks for asking Jo Ann...it is better some days and then nags at me again. I have not been consistent with icing because it doesn't consistently hurt...so it's okay!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

Wind was a factor again today.  We rode 40 miles on the good shoulder of a 4 lane highway under cloudy skies with a 14 mph + headwind and the occasional raindrop.  The good news is we were once again on mostly flat roads.  At 40 miles, we exited to a farm road.  We really enjoy exploring the U.S. on these country roads. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

The only trouble with these two lane roads is that in Texas, the speed limit can be 65 or 70!!! Ken and I have taught the group how to yell "GO HOME" to charging dogs and to spray them with our water bottle.  So far it is working.  The wildflowers along the roads have changed.  Today it was huge thistles and small white or blue flowers I haven't identified.

Large thistle
Heart 4 Comment 0

The azaleas are in full bloom here...every color...just gorgeous.

Heart 5 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltThose azaleas are amazing!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

At mile 59, we crossed the Sabine River which is the state line between Texas and Louisiana.   18 days in Texas!!!

Sabine River
Heart 1 Comment 0

The Welcome to Louisiana sign was gone!  So we made do with this small one.

Louisiana!
Heart 7 Comment 1
Heather TinguelyWelcome to LA! The scenery is already looking more lush.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

Rest day in DeRidder tomorrow - not much to do here that we can see, except rest.  : )

Today's ride: 84 miles (135 km)
Total: 989 miles (1,592 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Scott AndersonHooray! A new state! Nice for us readers too. We’re tired of Texas.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Francie GassHa,ha,ha! We aim to please!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Bobbi GassWe’re so proud of you guys!! Enjoy your day of rest :-)
Reply to this comment
3 years ago