Day 12 Columbus, NM to El Paso TX - Gass-powered Tandem: xcountry - CycleBlaze

March 11, 2021

Day 12 Columbus, NM to El Paso TX

Heart 0 Comment 0

For those of you who care about details, our daily  mileage and what Strava says we rode don't always match because I have to manually start and stop my Garmin watch and Ken has to start his Wahoo on time.  An imperfect setup!

We said "good-bye' to Los Milagros at a leisurely 8:30 this morning. 

Heart 2 Comment 0

Winds were light and slightly behind us.  The temperature range today was from 46 to 75.  Not bad!  

We have convinced Dennis that we LOVE stopping every 15 miles for water and snacks.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Looking back (west)
Heart 1 Comment 0

As we were riding towards El Paso, we were struck by the number of plane contrails overhead. 

Heart 4 Comment 1
Jeanna & Kerry SmithGreat picture of you two!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

Yesterday we passed cotton fields but didn't know it was cotton.  Today, we wanted to capture the roadside fly-away cotton we saw caught in sticker plants.  

Cotton along the roadside
Heart 1 Comment 1
Devra JohnsonThe cotton fields were very interesting to us when we first started coming to Arizona. What an incredible long distance biking experience you are enduring. Keep up the good work. Glad your are both injury free and looking strong and happy. Onward Gas-powered Tandem!!!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Wayward cotton
Heart 1 Comment 0

Not much to look at except the wall  and lots of border patrol cars.  

Dark stain of wall
Heart 1 Comment 0

If you enlarge the picture, you can see how the wall is see-through.  It's just so bizarre.

We made it to Texas...only 3 more weeks until we leave it!

Heart 6 Comment 0

 Had our first Texas BBQ dinner tonight...delish!

Today's ride: 69 miles (111 km)
Total: 2,036 miles (3,277 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0