We’re on the road in sunshine - Three Good Blokes tackle the Best of Victoria - CycleBlaze

October 8, 2022

We’re on the road in sunshine

Corowa to Edi Cutting

A  perfectly clear blue sky greeted us on awakening in our Hawaiian themed motel in Corowa. It didn’t take long to pack up, and we headed into town for a quick coffee and a visit to the local butcher. I almost bought a new pair of slacks that I thought would go well at my new workplace in Queanbeyan but they weren’t open.

I would have snivelled the frock for Cherie as well.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Michele ElwordOh Dennis you are soooo funny 🙄
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

It’s quite flat riding today, and we’re heading south in the King Valley all day. After another coffee in Rutherglen we follow the railway line towards Wangaratta, dodge swooping magpies and get to Wang in no time at all. Not before we come across a pack of 8 bike riders doing their own self supported tour that I offered Cherie’s lemon slice that they promptly devoured in no time at all.

The last time I rode here it was in the drought. No drought now. The rivers are raging, and it’s so green and lush. I only had to jump on the trailer once to get ferried  through a causeway and other than that you wouldn’t know that half of NSW is flooding.

The Murray in full flow
Heart 4 Comment 0
Flat quiet roads
Heart 5 Comment 0
Moo
Heart 3 Comment 0
Cheers!
Heart 4 Comment 0
After Pete’s Tritons engine light comes on again we pulled into the local car lot to see if we could trade it in for a newer model.
Heart 5 Comment 0

Just short of Edi we were compelled to stop at King River Estate winery to sample the local drop. Our campground was only 500m down the road so after a Vermentini, Barbera and a Pinot Grigio, the wind blew us gently to Edi Cutting campground.

Not many people around at Edi Cutting
Heart 3 Comment 0
Scotch Fillet, jacket potato’s broccoli and zucchini washed down with an RWT Shiraz.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Today's ride: 89 km (55 miles)
Total: 89 km (55 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Richard WindsorAre you sharing the support duties between the three of you in this first week?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago