The Heavens Open - Three Good Blokes tackle the Best of Victoria - CycleBlaze

October 22, 2022

The Heavens Open

Croydon to Southern Cross Station Melbourne.

There’s just 40ks left from our AirBNB in Melbourne’s east to the train station for our noon departure for Albury. It rained for most of the night and became heavier as the morning wore on. We got drenched including Steves waterproof socks that only managed to repel the water onto every other piece of clothing he had on.

We made it with an hour to spare. Our train was delayed for 2 hours due to a fallen tree on the line. By the time we retrieved the car in Albury, repacked it  and had an abortive attempt to find food in Gundagai, we made it back to Bungendore before midnight.

The only photo I took all day! In Southern Cross Station once I’d changed out of dripping gear.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Another great trip! We were just so lucky with the weather and despite all the flooding around us we generally found a path through. As to the other guys, we’ve travelled enough now to know each other’s quirks and fallibilities so it was another super enjoyable trip.

Thanks for reading!

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
How’s the Serenity!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Frank DenmanWell boys well done I have had a laugh with you and look forward to your next adventure xx
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
James WattBest blog so far i reckon Dennis!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago